Active People Survey – the largest survey of sports participation in the world (probably!) The survey – which started in 2005 – is made up of interviews from 160,000 people each year and tracks the number of people taking part in sport in England
Active People Interactive – enables quick & easy analysis of APS data. It includes data from all survey years and is updated after Sport England publishes survey results twice a year
Local Sport Profiles – provides local authorities with a profile of up-to-date data for their area, covering sports participation, facilities, health, economy & demographics
Mini Sport Profiles – provides the key sport, health, and economic data for a local authority area, including maps of modelled super output area data for sports participation & excess weight
Market Segmentation Tool – helps understand the life stages and attitudes of different population groups and the sporting interventions most likely to engage them
Model for Estimating the Outcomes & Values in the Economics of Sport (MOVES) – Estimates the reduction in risk of key diseases from increased physical activity, and assigns an economic value to the resulting health improvements.
- Health Profiles – health and health related information whilst helping local government and health services make plans to improve local people’s health and reduce health inequalities
- Physical Activity Tool – providing local data alongside national comparisons to support local health improvement.
- Older People’s Health & Wellbeing – used to examine the health and care of older people across local authorities in England
- Health Survey for England (currently the most robust data source for adult obesity)
- Data Sources (different data sources available on obesity, diet and physical activity)
- Obesity Data & Tools
Use our School – is a resource to support schools in opening their facilities to the community and keeping them open. It provides tried and tested solutions, real life practice, tips from people making it happen, and a range of downloadable resources.
Brighton & Hove Resource Centre – an accumulation of various data sources available to the community.
East Sussex in Figures – provides the latest statistics on the social, economic and demographic character of East Sussex and its communities.
West Sussex Life – reports providing a range of statistics and information about West Sussex.
For best practice case studies and more insight reports see the Library of Sport section of our website
For more information please contact:
Business Support Officer
Mike manages grants & budgets and provides administrative & governance support to the team. He also carries out insight work using local sport participation data.