Throughout 2016/17 Active Sussex will be offering a range of exciting opportunities for primary schools so keep an eye on this page to see what is happening in Sussex.
Balanceability Training Day Location – Ditchling Primary School, Lewes
–Balanceability is the UK’s only accredited ‘Learn to Cycle’ programme for children aged 2 ½ – 6 years old.
– This 1 day course will enable you to plan, organise, prepare and run the Balanceability programme to the necessary standard in order to achieve the stated outcomes.
– For more information about the course click here
Level 5 Primary PE Specialism– Location – University of Brighton (Falmer Campus)
– Active Sussex are delighted to deliver another Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism (QCF) course this year. This is a 6 day course designed by Sports Leaders UK and AfPE that helps develop sustainable excellence in primary PE.
– This bespoke primary school PE qualification that will upskill staff to support the delivery and leadership of high quality PE and school sport.
– For more information about the course and how to book your place click here.
Level 6 Award in Primary School PE Subject Leadership – Location – University of Brighton (Falmer Campus)
– Building on the successful delivery of Level 5 courses Active Sussex are excited to offer, for the first time in Sussex, the Level 6 Award in Primary School PE Subject Leadership. The course will take place on Friday 26th of January and Friday 27th of April
– The Level 6 Award is a recognised qualification to improve the overall delivery of the physical education curriculum within primary schools. It builds on the learning from the Level 5 course by teaching delegates how to lead sustainable development within primary school physical education
-For more information about the course and to book your place click here
-If you have any questions or would like some more information about the course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Real PE – Location – Southwater Infant School, Horsham
– Create Development’s Real PE training programme comes to Sussex! The 3 day training course is split over the school year and includes personalised resources, a Scheme of Work for your year group and on going support.
– The cost is £495 plus VAT
-Day 1: Thursday 9th of November 2017
-Day 2: Tuesday 27th of February 2018
-Day 3: Tuesday 19th June 2018
If you have any questions or would like to book a place on one the course please contact : email@example.com
Mid Sussex Active CPD Programme – Location – Various
– Mid Sussex Active run a variety of training courses and workshops for teachers and school staff for MSA schools and this programme is now open to all primary schools across Sussex.
– Their programme for the coming academic year can be found here: Mid Sussex Active CPD Programme 17-18
If you have any questions or would like to book a place on one of the courses please contact Caroline Stafford: firstname.lastname@example.org
PE and Cross Curricular Links- Bringing Learning to Life – Location – The Weald School, Billinghurst
– Open to schools from the Central SGO Area and surrounding areas, the PE and Cross Curricular Links- Bringing Learning to Life course will take place on Wednesday 15th of November and focuses on how to use PE to enhance learning in other subjects
– Discount available for schools who book before Friday 27th of October
– For more information about the course and to book your place click here
If you have any questions or queries about the course please contact email@example.com
Use Our School
Sport England have developed a range of resources, Use Our School, to help you maximise the use of your school facilities. They can help you make the case for community use, help with costings and more.
Once you are ready to hire you can use School Hire to advertise and manage your facilities.