Active Sussex announce Employer Partnership with CIMSPA
Monday 7 December 2020
Active Sussex are excited to announce the new Employer Partnership with The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
CIMSPA is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector, committed to supporting, developing, and enabling professionals and organisations to succeed and, as a result, inspire the nation to become more active. CIMSPA interacts with the sport and physical activity sector’s workforce and key stakeholders to identify the best practices and standards that should be adopted by our sector. As a result of its work, CIMSPA helps and contributes to the production of tools and resources to professionalise, develop, and safeguard the sector’s workforce, organisations, and reputation.
The partnership with CIMSPA allows Active Sussex to participate as industry experts working alongside their awarding organisation and skill development partners to develop the ‘professional standards’ for the sector’s job roles. These professional standards set out the benchmark for the development of future qualifications, training programmes, apprenticeships etc., ensuring that the sector has an appropriately skilled workforce to help tackle physical inactivity.
The partnership will allow the Sussex sport and physical activity workforce including professional staff, instructors, coaches, activity leads, individuals, and partner organisations to access a 20% discount for memberships.
Becoming a CIMSPA individual member offers a wide range benefits, including:
- Your entry in the CIMSPA membership directory – a statement to employers and the public that your qualification level has been validated.
- Your verified online profile, shareable with employers and customers.
- CIMSPA Academy – access to FREE endorsed CPD eLearning (1300 free e-learning modules available).
- Access to discounts on endorsed qualifications from a range of CIMSPA training partners, such as UK Coaching, 1st4sport Qualifications and Street Games, among many others.
- Access to UK Coaching's comprehensive learning and development platform.
- All CIMSPA recognised CPD will gain you invaluable CPD points with them which will be recorded on your online CPD training log.
- CIMSPA has a number of benefits for its members from outside organisations including Westfield Health and Myzone.
Nick Chellel, Strategic Workforce Officer for Active Sussex said: “It is fantastic to announce this partnership and we see it as a key part of our wider workforce development work in Sussex, helping to professionalise the sport and physical workforce, ultimately leading to improved participant experience of sport and physical activity.
“Personally, as a coach, I am looking forward to accessing the benefits of being a CIMSPA member and having a place where I can list my coaching qualifications and get recognised and rewarded for my CPD. I would encourage the Sussex workforce and our partners to become CIMSPA members to access the numerous benefits of being part of the sector’s only chartered professional body.”
To find out more about CIMSPA memberships click here. For more information and to access the Active Sussex discount code please contact Nick Chellel, Strategic Workforce Officer for Active Sussex via email: email@example.com.