If you are a community sport and physical activity group looking to create, enhance or redevelop your sports facility for the benefit of the community you could be eligible to receive up to £10,000 in match funding.
Crowdfunder and Sport England have teamed up to offer to make an initial £7 million of match funding available to help community sport and physical activity groups improve their facilities and unite communities as part of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
If you have already started a crowdfunding campaign you can apply for the match funding via your Crowdfunder dashboard.
Projects should be driven by the community, for the community, to improve what is available and enable more people to be physically active.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
- Local sports club
- Charities, community, voluntary and social enterprise sector organisations that deliver sport and/or physical activity in their community, including organisations that are not solely or primarily sports organisations
- Town or parish councils delivering activity within their community
- Education establishments that provide access for their whole community
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Individuals or sole traders
- For profit businesses or partnerships
- Local authorities, excluding town and parish councils
- Commercial sport and physical activity providers, e.g. private gyms
- Leisure operators operating more than one site
If your application is approved, you’ll get a match funding offer of up to 50 per cent towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £10,000.
To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things:
1) raise at least 25 per cent of your initial target
2) raise this from a minimum number of supporters
Following receipt of a pledge you will also need to reach 100 per cent of your initial funding target to receive the funds from Sport England.
Before completing your application, please read the full Eligibility and Pledge Criteria.
Funded projects will be required to agree to the Places and Spaces Grant Conditions.