Sport should be fun, enjoyable and safe for all.
But if you are:
- not enjoying something about the session or something is making you feel uncomfortable, worried or unhappy
- feeling intimidated by the coach, leader or trusted individual or are not being helped in the right way
- being bullied by others (children or adults)
- being made to keep secrets or being made to do something you don’t want to do
Then please tell someone and they can help.
Speak to someone you trust or if you don’t know who to speak to then you can contact a member of the Active Sussex team who will listen to you and help take the right steps to sort out what is worrying you.
Contact our Safeguarding Leads
Nick Chellel: 07766 894494
Gemma Finlay-Gray: 07760 164001
If our Safeguarding Leads aren’t available, then depending on your age please contact one of the following:
If you’re 11-19 years old you can also use ChatHealth between 9am-4.30pm Monday to Friday, which provides support with lots of things such as bullying, mental health, relationships and much more.
- If you live in Brighton and Hove text: 07480 635423
- If you live in West Sussex text: 07480 635424
- If you live in East Sussex : 07507 332 473
See Sources of Information and Support for Adults for a range of organisations that you can contact.