Finance Officer Role
Active Sussex has a small but inspiring team that needs a new recruit to take on the challenges and rewards of helping the Trust work towards
reducing inequalities through access to physical activity opportunities.
● You will be self-motivated and happy to work using your own initiative.
● You will have sound financial reporting and grant management experience.
● You will have robust bookkeeping experience, proven skills in VAT and supporting external audit preparation/requirements, and knowledge of
statutory compliance processes.
● You will be a real team player with a can-do attitude.
● Responsible for the finance, governance and grants administration functions at Active Sussex.
● Establish and maintain smooth financial administrative processes for the organisation, including payroll and pensions.
● Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Trustees in the areas of finance, financial control and risk management to
ensure that Active Sussex is legally compliant and has sound governance.
● Responsible for providing information to the Trusts’ auditors for end of year accounts.
● Contribute to Trust’s business planning and performance management and improvement processes as appropriate.
See pages 6 – 11 in the enclosed Recruitment Pack for more details on the key responsibilities and person specification. This will also support you with the application.
If you have any questions or need support completing the application or require documents in an alternative format, please contact Gemma
Finlay-Gray – email@example.com or telephone 07760164001.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th June 2023, 12pm (noon)
Interviews will take place via Zoom on Tuesday 27th June 2023.