Title: 2 x Independent Trustees, Active Sussex
Hours: Part-time, Location: Brighton, East Sussex, Closing Date: 05/06/2020
Application deadline: 12 noon Friday 5 June 2020
Do you share our passion for getting more people physically active? Do you have the vision, skills, drive and enthusiasm to lead and support the work of the Trust?
If so, then joining the Active Sussex board could be for you!
Active Sussex are currently looking to appoint two voluntary positions to their board of trustees. These positions are non-executive and not salaried, but out of pocket expenses will be paid where appropriate.
The role of an Independent Trustee is to provide strategic leadership and be a visible role model for Active Sussex. You would be tasked with supporting the Independent Chair, Vice-Chair, Chief Executive and the Strategic Management Group.
To effectively carry out the role, an Independent Trustee will:
- Advocate for sport and physical activity in Sussex
- Champion for Active Sussex within their own sector and its networks
- Promote the Active Sussex vision for sport and physical activity in Sussex
- Provide a two way network of communication between partners within their own sector, its associated networks and Active Sussex
- Contribute to effective board performance and management
- Set strategic goals within the business plan and ensure that effective monitoring is in place to evaluate progress
We are particularly interested in applications from candidates with significant backgrounds in:
- Governance & Financial Audit
- Business Development and Fundraising
- Human Resources
- Supporting Older People
- Long Term Conditions
- Diversity and Inclusion in physical activity
Equality and Diversity Active Sussex have adopted a target of maintaining a minimum of 30% of each gender on its Board and to progress towards achieving gender parity and greater diversity generally on the Board, including, but not limited to, Black, Asian, minority ethnic (BAME) diversity and disability.
Applications are therefore particularly welcomed from people with disabilities and BAME groups as they are all currently under represented within the Active Sussex Board.Read More