The Active Sussex Network brings together member organisations and local partners that deliver sport and physical activity across Sussex including: local authorities, leisure trusts, national governing bodies of sport, health agencies, educational & community organisations.
Meeting twice a year in central Sussex locations, partners receive strategic policy briefings, attend themed workshops and have the opportunity to network.
The Active Sussex Network 2020 will take place on Thursday 27 February, at Buxted Park Hotel.
The network will be a great opportunity to be inspired and develop new ideas through presentations, best practice, case studies, workshops and networking.
We are delighted to announce Dr Anna Lowe, a physical activity and healthy ageing expert is the Keynote Speaker at the Active Sussex Network 2020. She will deliver an inspiring presentation where she will share the experience of implementing a systems approach to physical activity across Sheffield.
Find out more about Dr Anna Lowe HERE.
Registration is now open for this event! Places are limited and bookings are on a first-come, first-serve basis, so we recommend you registering for the event as soon as possible.
Book you place HERE.
Full programme information
Plans for the network are taking shape and final programme details will be released soon so please keep an eye out for updates shortly.
The Active Sussex Conference & AGM 2019 took place on Thursday 19 September 2019, at the Amex Stadium, Falmer.
Born Barikor, the founder and CEO of Our Parks, the visionary initiative that brings group exercise classes to all ability levels and ages, was the Keynote Speaker at the Active Sussex Conference 2019.
A key ethos behind Our Parks is community empowerment and the principle that everyone has the right and should have the opportunity, to take part in exercise regardless of barriers, whether it’s cost or convenience.
He will deliver his inspiring story where he will challenge delegates to focus their attention on how they can make an impact.
- Children & young people
- Older people
- People with a long-term condition or disability
- People living in deprived areas with high rates of inactivity
The Active Sussex Network 2019 took place on Thursday 28 February at Buxted Park Hotel.
Meet the Keynote Speaker
- Professor Jim McKenna, Professor of Physical Activity and Health and Head of the Active Lifestyles Research Centre from Leeds Beckett University, delivered his inspiring presentation – ‘Simplexity of Sport and Physical Activity’ where he challenged delegates to focus their attention on how they can make an impact.
- Watch Delegate videos from the Active Sussex Network 2019 here
- Read more about the Active Sussex Network 2019 here
- Photo gallery from the Active Sussex Network 2019 here
- Read more about Professor Jim McKenna Keynote Speaker here
Some presentations from previous Active Sussex Network events and conferences are available to download via the links on the right-hand side of this page.
For more information please contact:
Ed delivers the Sussex Sports Awards, School Games, Parallel Youth Games & Active Sussex Network meetings, Annual Partner Conference & AGM.