Parents in Sport Week: 2-8 October 2017
Active Sussex is pleased to join the NSPCC to promote Parents in Sport Week 2017
The NSPCC and Active Sussex have joined forces with more than 100 sports organisations in the UK and Ireland to promote Parents in Sport Week. We want our sports clubs to rally behind our efforts from October 2nd -8th to underscore the positive, supporting role that parents play. Coaches and officials can also examine their communication with parents to benefit children’s involvement in sport.
Feedback from current sports stars and research with young people shows how important parents are as role models.
Aims of Parents in Sport Week
We encourage sports organisations and clubs to recognise and promote the positive and important role parents play in helping children reach their full potential. To do this, they can:
- work with parents to reflect on the demands they’re encountering and then identify strategies to manage those demands
- encourage sports clubs and coaches to take time to show they value parents, want parental input and are grateful for what parents can do
Parents play a pivotal role in sport and young people depend on their support and encouragement.
- Parents in sport
- Information for parents and carers
- Webinar recording – Promoting positive parenting in sport 2016
- Watch and share Positive Sports Parents videos for important messages about the benefits of parental involvement in sport
If you want to find out more about safeguarding in sport in Sussex please visit our pages.
We also run safeguarding workshops for coaches, volunteers and club personell.