Throughout 2017-18 Active Sussex will be offering a range of exciting opportunities for primary schools so keep an eye on this page to see what is happening in Sussex.
FA Primary Teachers Award
- The Football Association accredited award run in partnership with Albion in the Community Foundation.
- The course is aimed at primary school teachers and TA’s who are working in a school setting. No previous knowledge in football is necessary.
- The day will have a mostly practical focus that explores different ways in which children can have a positive experience when taking part in PE lessons through a range of different games that help develop children’s’ physical, social and psychological development.
Location: Sussex County FA, Culver Road, Lancing
Date: Friday 9th March
Find out more:
https://www.thefa.com/account/signup (this will give you a FAN number to put on the registration form)
Contact: Sharon Muxworthy sharon.muxworthy@TheFA.com
Real PE Course
- Create Development’s Real PE training programme comes to Sussex!
- The 3 day training course is split over the school year and includes personalised resources, a Scheme of Work for your year group and on going support.
Location: Southwater Infant Academy, Horsham
Dates: Monday 5th February 2017, Tuesday 27th February 2018 & Tuesday 19th June 2018
Price: £495 (plus VAT)
Find out more: Click here for more information & to book your place
Contact: Nick Chellel firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid Sussex Active CPD Programme
- Mid Sussex Active run a variety of training courses and workshops for teachers and school staff for MSA schools
- The CPD programme is now open to all primary schools across Sussex
- Their programme for the coming academic year can be found here: Mid Sussex Active CPD Programme 17-18
Contact: Caroline Stafford
FA Primary Teachers Award
- The course provides a basic introduction to the skills required when planning to deliver a KS1 or KS2 Physical Education lessons through the subject content of football
- Please send your name, school and FA FAN number to the contact below
Location: The Regis School, Bognor Regis
Date: Monday 26th February 2018
Contact: Jenny Williams
Introducing Yoga To Your School CPD
- There are two exciting introductory Yoga CPD courses being run this term by Sprite Yoga
- The courses are an ideal way to introduce yoga to your school offer and are specifically for Key Stage 2 Teachers
- This course is not a qualification that will allow you to teach yoga outside of your school setting
Location: Carden Primary School (Brighton) and Breakwater Academy (Newhaven)
Dates: Monday 5th March 2018 and Monday 12th March 2018
Time: 2-4.30pm and 3.30-6pm
Price: £45 (plus VAT)
Contact: Tamsin Dyke email@example.com
Use Our School
Sport England have developed a range of resources, Use Our School, to help you maximise the use of your school facilities. They can help you make the case for community use, help with costings and more.
Once you are ready to hire you can use School Hire to advertise and manage your facilities.