The IAP is a opportunity which will upskill you, your employees, and volunteers on how to make activities fun and inclusive for everyone. It is ideal for the sport and leisure sector, community groups and organisations, disability organisations, and individuals supporting disabled people and people with long-term health conditions.
Active Sussex will be facilitating two fully funded, female only workshops in October at University of Brighton Falmer Sports Centre:
- Thursday 19th October 5.30-8.30pm (rearranged from original date of Tuesday 17th October)
- Tuesday 31st October 9.30am-12.30pm (No longer taking place on this date. New date for workshop to be confirmed ASAP)
Book your FREE place using the form at the bottom of the page.
The workshops have been funded via Sussex Project 500 Coaching Communities Project.
What does the programme involve?
The IAP provides a comprehensive package of learning opportunities. Each designed to support you to make physical activity more inclusive for disabled people. Through the learning package, you will:
- Learn about practical tools to support inclusive delivery of physical activity
- Understand how to apply Activity Alliance’s Ten Principles in your work
- Access resources to support your activity sessions
- Gain four CIMSPA CPD points
- Find out about local groups, organisations, and further training opportunities.
Who is it for?
The programme is a great opportunity for everyone. But we believe it can be particularly valuable for people in these sectors:
- Sport and leisure e.g. paid and volunteer deliverers, activators, leaders, parents etc.
- Community groups and organisations e.g. housing associations, youth groups and holiday clubs etc.
- Disability organisations and individuals supporting disabled people and people with long term health conditions e.g. Disabled People’s organisations, support workers, physiotherapists and occupational therapists etc.
- Education sector e.g. teachers, teaching assistants, lecturers, young leaders and external activity providers.
What will you learn?
The programme has been designed to support you to make physical activity more inclusive for disabled people. The learning package will help you:
- Understand how to apply a range of tools to make your activities more inclusive.
- Increase your confidence and competence to include disabled people in your activities.
- Reflect on your current delivery and identify how you can improve fairness for disabled people in sport and activity.
- Access further support, training and opportunities for yourself and disabled people you work with.