Top Tips…How to boost the profile of PE in your school
Do you find it difficult to get enough of your pupils to take part in sports competitions and festivals? Do they lack enthusiasm or drop out at the last minute? If so, it's time to start looking for some ways to inspire more pupils to get involved. Here are five top tips from schools in the Central Sussex Area:
- Set up a school Twitter account and tweet the results of matches as they happen (Greenway Academy)
- Include the fixtures, results and photos in weekly newsletters (Warnham & Rudgwick Primary Schools)
- Ask children to accompany the team as journalists and write the match reports. Display on noticeboards in school, on webpages and as School Games blog entries (Leechpool Primary School)
- Take photos of the school teams in full kit and put them up on the PE noticeboard to give the children something to aspire to (Southwater Junior Academy)
- Celebrate participation and achievement in assemblies (Leechpool Primary School)
Find more information about how to plan your Primary School PE provision here.