Transforming British Tennis Together
The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) has committed to investing £125 million to improve community tennis facilities across the country, and plans to unlock a further £125 million through match funding from community networks with a shared vision for growing the game.
Transforming British Tennis Together will see the LTA work in partnership with local government, local people and local businesses, who come together to bid for funding in their community. Together, they will:
- Increase the number of covered and floodlit courts by 50% to boost available playing hours when it’s raining and when the sun has gone down
- Install online booking and entry systems so everyone can book a tennis court easily from their mobile phone, computer or tablet
- Refurbish courts, clubhouses and other social spaces to ensure players have a great experience every time they visit
- Support other innovative and creative ideas that meet local demand
By working with communities across Britain with a real passion for tennis, the LTA aims to deliver 750 newly covered indoor courts, over 4,000 newly floodlit courts and nearly 3,000 court entry systems across the country over the next decade.
Alongside continued investment in the quality of our nation’s coaches and tennis activities that make playing fun for all ages, this major transformation of grassroots tennis will move the LTA closer to delivering its two long term goals:
- To double the number of children playing tennis
- To encourage adults who already play, to play more often and all year round
Transforming British Tennis Together in Sussex
The LTA has prioritised Sussex to further increase the opportunities for tennis participation.
Two LTA consultation roadshow event’s are happening in Sussex, aimed at helping to raise awareness and educating stakeholders about Transforming British Tennis Together. The details are:
- Tuesday 12th September (10.30am – 1.30pm) at the International Lawn Tennis Centre, Devonshire Park, College Road, Eastbourne, BN21 4JJ
- Wednesday 13th September (10.30am – 1.30pm) at the Central Sussex College, Horsham Training Centre, Hurst Road, Horsham, RH12 2DN
These events are free to attend and places can be booked by clicking on the following link.
For more information on Transforming British Tennis Together, please visit the LTA website.